INTRA OCULAR PRESSURE (IOP) CHECK
Intraocular pressure (IOP) is a certain pressure which is maintained in the eye
- This pressure of the eye should be controlled for the special purpose of preserving
sight in sight-threatening conditions such as glaucoma since the condition can cause
asymptomatic and irreversible loss of vision if poorly treated or neglected.
- The effect of glaucoma treatment on the eye pressure may not always be constant
and needs to be regularly measured. Hence, the intra ocular pressure check is an
integral part of the examination and regular follow ups for a glaucoma patient.
- Intraocular pressure (IOP) is measured with a Non-Contact Tonometer (NCT). It gently
blows a puff of air toward the eye.
- This IOP check examination is done by our Optometrists by prior appointment.
- At our centres we maintain records of your eye condition including the eye pressure
for comparison on following visits.